How to Fix Canon Printer Showing Offline Status in Windows?
If you are thinking How to Fix the Offline Status Error & tired of searching Google & Dozens of forums then now, you are at the right place. If you are a tech savvy then it will be an easy task for you, but if you are just a geek then this might sound trouble to you.
Devices like Printers make our work very easy & smooth. It is quite simple to use the printers these days because of the latest innovation & technologies that make printers much more efficient and easy to access. Well to Fix the Offline Status Error, a well-explained solution has been penned down by a team of Canon Printer Support technicians to describe steps for troubleshooting Canon Printer Offline issue on the go.
RECONNECT YOUR PRINTER TO WI-FI -
Before getting into other workarounds, Make sure to reconnect the Canon Printer to your Wi-Fi router. You can ‘Forget’ your router from the printer by accessing the settings of it. Then, reconnect it. Not that your printer model might be different, but the following steps to connect it to a Wi-Fi network are pretty much the same.
- Press and hold your printer’s Wi-Fi button until the Wi-Fi light starts blinking -
- Once you are sure that it is blinking blue continually, head over to the router, & press its WPS button.
- The Wi-Fi light will continue to blink while searching for the available networks. It will start to blink when the printer is connecting to your WIFI access points. When the device connects to it, the Wi-Fi light on it will remain lit.
RESTART THE PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE –
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Open the Run Box Again, key in services.MSC in it, and press Enter.
- In the list of Windows services, click on any service and keep pressing P until Print Spooler is highlighted.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler, & select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- In the General tab, click the Stop button and click OK to save the change.
- Now after disabling temporarily, focus on deleting the printer files. So, open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- If you are inside the folder, select & delete the files in it. Then, you are good to close the window.
- After that, time to go back to the General tab, & Start the spooler service. In addition, keep the spooler’s Startup type as Automatic.
- Reboot your PC and check if your printer works properly.
DISABLE “USE PRINTER OFFLINE” WITH SETTINGS APP -
- By Clicking the Start button reach control panel section.
- From it, choose Hardware and Sound.
- In the new window, click on Devices and Printers.
- You can Right-click on your printer name, & select to see what’s printing.
- Click Printer at the top left, and ensure Use printer offline in the drop-down menu is unchecked. It is unchecked in this case. After making the changes, click on, Cancel all documents, and try reconnecting the printer.
UPDATE CANON PRINTER DRIVERS -
- Open the Run Box Again, key in MSC in it, and press Enter.
- Go through the list of hardware in the Device Manager, click on Print queues sub-menu, right-click the printer hardware & choose Update driver from the pop-up menu.
- Reboot your computer system & verify if the issue gets resolved.
UNCHECK “SNMP STATUS ENABLED” -
- Find your printer icon, right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- Click on its Ports
- Click on Configure Port
- Clear the check mark in SMP Status Enabled by clicking on the checkbox. Then, Hit the OK button to apply the change.
So, that’s It. Apply these simple steps to wipe away Canon Printer Offline Status error from its root and make your device smooth and running. If the error recurs, connect with Canon Technical Support Number or visit our Tech Helpdesk for instant help. We are available here 24*7 to provide comprehensive support for all Canon Printer Related issues.